Saturday, January 22, 2011

Intention, 'tention, What's Your Function?

Not to get School House Rock tunes into your head all day...

Here's the thing about Intention. It works in mysterious ways and things you don't expect just happen. The Universe listens.
And responds to support you.

After posting my goals, I felt much more at peace about 2011. I really want to be healthier. To feel good in my skin. To make good choices.
But my list is so long and seems so impossible.
On the same day, right after I published my blog post, I got two unrelated emails:

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." -John Quincy Adams


Persistence, Linda, is not about knocking on one door... until the dang thing finally opens.
It's about knocking on all of them.
Insist on the destination, Linda, not on how you'll get there.




Knock, knock -


I went to JoAnns, the fabric store- I needed thread; I had a few items and was waiting in the inevitable slowline. It was past lunch and I was hungry. The pink foiled Almond Rocas started their quiet singing. "Eat me, eat me,mmm, I'm so yummy..." Maybe not the healthiest choice, but almonds are, after all, full of Vitamin E, according to Hubs hero, Dr.  Andrew Weil. Under the spell of their siren call, I picked up a pack.
A little voice, said, "So convenient how they put them there, isn't it?" I turned around and it was a little old Japanese lady in khacki polyester pants and mint green hand knit cardigan.
Guiltily, I said, "Yes, it's so tempting." I hesitated with the candy in my hand adding,"I was planning to go to Nijaya Market to pick up lunch-"
"Better choice, I'm going there myself. Put it back."
Obediently, I put it back, strangely feeling grateful. "Thank you! I feel better! I  needed that reminder"
She smiled,"Just like I tell my grandkids."

We both went to Nijaya. I picked a very healthy sushi pack. But I waited until my Japanese Grandmother left before I bought Pocky, too.



    











No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: