Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Post Holiday Bulge, A La Francaise

I indulged more than I thought during the holidays because I actually had to go to the garage and pull out a pair of black pants that had been to big from the Goodwill pile.
Normally, this would have sent me straight to Mrs. Fields, but something I learned reading all those French books was that gaining weight periodically is expected by the French...if you go up a couple of kilos (and two kilos sounds so  much better than several pounds, right?) you just un-indulge for the next few weeks- no big deal. No drama.
Start the day with a glass of hot water infused with a fresh lemon. Have soup, the clear broth kind. Walk a bit more. Et voila!
Life really is a bit better the French way...as soon as I can return my pants to the Goodwill pile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: