Sunday, December 19, 2010

Is it Just Me, Or-

Was last week not totally stressful?
I may be relieved when Papoose officially stops believing in Santa, because, man, the elves are getting tired.
Work has been stressful. Note to self: no more jobs that require interactions with CPS. I mean not that it's technically difficult or anything- lots of letters and phone calls and irritating people.
 I  actually have had to lay down the law and assert my bossiness with certain staff. You all know how hard it is for me to be bossy. Well, at least doing it with the right balance of 'I am the boss and really, it's my ultimate decision and responsibility as well as liability, so, yeah, it's my way, but hey, I still respect your opinion and we have to  work together, so I'll be as nice as possible, ok, though I know you are going to be pissed and passive aggressive after this'.
Commuting in the rain sucks and wastes even more time, as well as time spent at gas stations in the rain.
 Is it weird I won't fill up at pump #13?
I need a new zip up rain coat, cause the buttons take too much time, but flapping in the wind doesn't quite work, especially while not pumping gas at #13.
Hubs, can we get a gas pump at home? With an attendant who pumps gas and checks tires?
Why doesn't Obama create those jobs?
Although my shopping was primarily done, there was wrapping. (Done. Finally. May have made a little tougher because I made reusable fabric bags this year to use now and in the future.) I had a discussion with Santa - and relayed to Papoose- about being as green as possible, which means less wrapping.
The class Christmas party. Sugared up eight year olds shrieking in small space. Driving like lunatic in rain to be there. Thanks Hubs for helping.
Teacher/staff gifts.
Gifts for mailman, barn, instructors of all sorts, dog walker...
Finished most Christmas cards, need to order some more. order more and had to reorder because they ran out of envelopes.
Doctor appointments, pharmacy time, blood draws, flu shots-
Hubs two day trip to Toronto for 1 hour presentation.
Taffy deciding that he needs to be gone for days in rainstorm. Have adopted Hubs philosophy that emotional attachment to semi-feral cat only leads to tragedy on part of human. He's a big kitty.
Hubs workers only Christmas party -
 Papoose and I waiting at Macaroni Grill for 1 hour for dinner and first Yelp review ever. It was not a good one for Macaroni Grill.
Losing and finding car keys at Barnes& Noble.
A Douglas Fir that is brown tipped and loses needles when looked at. Maybe if I leave Douglas fir and Jack fur on floor will have nice new carpet?
Plastic looks better and better every year.
Then the usual suspects: laundry, groceries, cooking, cleaning.
Looking forward to this week:
Tuesday is first day of winter with lunar eclipse- first in 400+ years.
Happy Solstice! Now the days will get longer!
But Santa, could you still hurry?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: