Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Nutcracker

Every year, we see SF Ballet's Nutcracker. It really became cemented the year Hubs got Box seats. Box seats are like flying first class- once you experience it, it's miserable to go back. Anyway, as we are not huge patrons of The Arts, it seems like a justifiable splurge, although this year, if there is a subscription for a bunch of Tchaikovsky ballets, I may bite. I mean who doesn't love his music? It's so pretty.
The Nutcracker- I've seen a few different versions and the SF Ballet is my favorite. Visually appealing. Gorgeous choreography, great dancing, even if one of the Sugar Plum Fairies fell in the back of the corps this year. Slight changes every year keep it interesting. But-
This is a really extremely Freudian story.
I'll just stop now.
It's probably Roger Waters fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: