Saturday, October 1, 2011

This Month, October

October is my birthday month, and inspired by a blog I read last month, I'm going to try posting about: 31 Days For A Chic October.
And here are some blogs that are inspiring me now.
There is a distinct French flare to them.

1. This is the one that got me to start the 31 days thing. She's taking a break this month, but worth a read for September, as the comments are.

http://howtobechic.blogspot.com/ too.

2.  Fascinating, try to start from her earliest posts, for a full appreciation:

http://theviviennefiles.blogspot.com/

3. I'm not sure what she does for a living, but she has an astounding collection of Hermes scarves. She even skis with a scarf on. I devoured this blog from the beginning. I am struck by the simplicity of her clothes and how she "Hs (Hermes) them up".

http://www.maitaispicturebook.com/

4. I'm not super fond of this website, but I'm reading two of her books, and I find the insights into French life and culture (and why French women do seem to be thinner than us) fascinating.

http://www.annebarone.com/toujours-anne.html


For my chic first day of October, I :

1. Drank water with a lemon from the garden. Supposedly lemon water is very detoxifiying. French women often start the day with a cup of hot, lemon infused water. I am ending my day with cool lemon infused water.
2. Cleaned out under the bathroom counter, got rid of excess, unused supplies and re-arranged it so there is less clutter. Even cleared out one of the drawers in the bathroom so it is cleaner in the AM. It may not be exactly chic, but being unflustered is chic, and for me to be unflustered, I need to be organized.
3. Convinced the familia that  we would have a goal for the month to try to focus on pleasant things, and gently remind each other of the positive. We also agreed to sing more car-i-oke, but I'm not convinced that is chic, unless you live in, umm, moveable permanent housing.

A Demain!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: