Friday, March 12, 2010

Angst: Part 1

I'm feeling mule-ish. Recalcitrant. Irritable (watch out, I may kick you.) The reason is cause I'm starting a new job. (okay, injuring myself hula- hooping then developing Achilles tendonitis and being in constant pain doesn't help) But mainly it's the new job.
Here are some possible reasons:
I'm lazy and work is, well work. Blech.
I don't like my routines changed.
It's change.
I don't know what lies ahead.
Learning the new computer system, billing, pay time sheets, not to mention collegues,. patient population is intimidating. Overwhelming.
I feel overwhelmed.
Maybe they'll find out what a faker I really am.
I have to wear pants with regular, non-elastic waist bands.
I have to walk around a lot and my foot hurts.
I have to get  lots of little things done, like have my ppd read, show proof of my MMR titers, get fit tested for a respiratory mask.
Then there's all the computer stuff.
Parking there is a bitch.
I'm the only one concerned about work life balance.
I'm going to have to ask permission to go on vacation.
Someone else can tell me what to do. Double blech.
I'll have a boss. Very hard for someone whose other motto is "You are NOT the boss of me!"
I have a desk with the residents.
Have I said I don't have the band width to learn two new computer systems?
And I have to do all this in under 10 hours a week? Seeing one patient- documenting, billing, making phone calls, talking to other staff- is at least one hour. And they are talking about adding more responsibilities.
And there is no regular schedule.

Plus, I still have my old full time job: home, Papoose, Hubs, not shopping, riding.

When am I going to ride?
Do I want to ride?
This will be angst, part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: