Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh No You Ditn't!


Liberty of London, a venerable and expensive design house had its much anticipated launch at Target on Sunday.  I was in the midst of the foolishness and mayhem. Stuff that was being stocked as you came in was gone by the time you came back to it. People were grabbing armfuls of stuff. Everything online was sold out. I knew I was going to budget blowing bad- but I didn't. (well, I am making Hubs return stuff in the AM because it was a grab it now, think later kind of thing) At one point, there was a large group of women surrounding the beleagured employee opening boxes. We were waiting for the watering cans, because the teapots were already gone. E spotted the watering cans coming and grabbed the only two in a pretty peony print. A scraggly woman with lots of the stuff already in her cart, marched over and started complaining that she had been there since 8:30 ( it was now 10:30)- how dare did E grab those cans. E pointed out the other cans- Ms Nasty said, "I don't want that pattern."
Meanwhile, E and I noted some design flaws on the cans and decided we didn't really want them. E gave hers to another nice lady who had been chatting with us at the Liberty accessories.
Then Ms. Nasty called E rude.
Oh no you ditn't.
E pointed out that Ms Nasty already had "so much crap" in her cart.
Ms Nasty kept saying she deserved the watering can because she had waited soo long.
Finally, I handed her a watering can and said, "You want this can so badly? Go ahead and take it, and let it be a reminder of your bad behavior!"
Ms Nasty now did not want the can, but I stomped off, dragging E with me, leaving the Target employees looking a bit dazed.
Sweet satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: