Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Riding Angst

I have a riding lesson today. The first one in a few weeks, since I injured myself doing Bar. Oh, I rode, Hadley- walking around, just sitting on him, watching Skylar while Hads got drowsy in the warm sun...I may have even trotted a bit. And I don't mind cantering, Hads has the smoothest canter, ever. But last time I saw the Assistant, she said, "You need to ride, and you need to jump."
So here's the real truth: I donwanna jump. I am scared Hads will stop and I'll go flying over him and break my remaining unbroken ribs. Hubs suggested I take up dressage.
I'm also scared, but less so, that Hads will panic and take off (not that he ever has) and I won't be able to control him. Strangely, I am worried about falling off him in that scenario- I think when he spooks, his fear is so palpable- I feel my heart revv up and feel panicked, too. And we all know what a freakin chikun I am. Hubs, dressage wouldn't solve this issue.
 I'm gonna ride, cause I have to set a good example for Papoose, and my word is Go!, but...any advice, friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: