Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

...the melancholy's boring.
It's raining nonstop. Even the indoor arena has been flooded at the barn. G, the Assistant called me today and said it was fine not to ride. Good, because thunder and lightning were testing my will to improve my riding. I was relieved.
Of course, that meant I could stay home and study for my re-certification, which was actually less appealing than riding a skittish horse in slippery mud with gusty winds and thunder in a crowded arena full of other antsy horses. It's been ten years since I took a big exam. And I'm so rusty at it. I didn't start to get anxiety dreams until last week, and that queasy sick feeling of not being prepared and hoping the test would magically disappear, did not come up until this week. It's  just a few short steps to full on panic and housecleaning. I always got the overwhelming urge to scrub the bathtub before finals. Now I just surf the web.

It's raining it's pouring, the pity party's going...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: