Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My High Riding Standards for 2010

This year my trainer was very particular that we develop our goals specifically and clearly for the year.He told us to start with what we are grateful for, what we learned last year, and then our plan for this year.

Grateful for:
Being able to own a horse
Trainer & Assistant as trainers for me and Hadley
Hadley’s health and happy attitude
Hadley’s canter
Supportive friends at barn- and out of barn
Going to Pebble
Ribbons from Pebble

Lessons Learned in 2009:

Getting pneumonia: rest when I get sick instead of trying to “push through it” – 3 days in the hospital is not fun!
Ride more=more confident riding
Going to the gym before riding helps riding- warmed up and feel positive
Riding in the Indoor Arena will help me at warm up arena at horse shows
Have Hubs or friend come with me to show- it is emotionally stressful!

Riding Goals for 2010:

1) Fitness:
Lose 10 lbs by 10/10
Increase endurance – goal to run 1 mile w/o stopping by 12/10
Bar Method 3x/week
Cardio at gym 3x wk
Schedule in calendar

2) Confidence while riding:
Ride minimum of 2x per week, preferably 3x
Schedule in calendar

3) Know feel of diagonals and leads without looking

4) Always say to myself: “Heels down and hands light”
“Saturday Night Fever strut”

5) Shows: 2-3
Stirrup Cup Champion
Place in Top 3 in Equitation on the flat in an A rated class

Then Trainer asked me to make it compelling for me to reach my goals, so with his help, I tweaked it to this:

My High Riding Standards 2010

I am a great athlete, a confident rider,
a focused planner and a consistent winner.

I do not accept any limitations.

I live as who I believe I am.

I do what I believe will make my riding better today and everyday, this moment and every moment.

I feel stronger physically and mentally by having an exercise routine.

I review and remind myself everyday of my goals.
I make sure everything is on track.

Success requires me to pay attention to the little details, take exceptional care of myself, my horse, my equipment.

I always look and feel like the winner I am.

I take action today and everyday to take my life to even higher level than it is now.

I SEE MYSELF AS A CHAMPION EVERYDAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: