Thursday, January 7, 2010

That Clever Horse, Hadley (Or Hubs' Return From China)

I don't think I clarified in my last post that the offending Uggs were offending because they were fake fur. Not shearling. Anyway, after a brief quarrantine, Hubs is out of the dog house.
Clever Hadley. I rode today, even though I didn't want to, and Hadley was perfect. We jumped, and while I was scared, the Assistant told me to remember to push my heels down at the trot pole before the jump and to land in my heels. Nothing else. I remembered to push my heels down and relax my forearms (tried to avoid the rigor mortis elbow). It worked! I can remember max of two things, sequentially- not together, when riding. Of course as the Assistant says, if those are the only two things I remember every time, then I'll be a great rider. Guess Hadley and Hubs can both stick around.
For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What You Think Here: